Spring Cleaning – for Your Lot


“Spring Cleaning” and Maintenance for Your Property


Refuse and junk:  Much of this can be disposed of in your trash.  If you have a large amount of refuse and junk, you can haul it to the Wilson County landfill (830-393-0085) or call one of the following waste disposal companies to make arrangements to have them haul it away for you:  Tiger Sanitation (210-333-4287), Towerlake Disposal (210-636-8354), Republic Services (210-304-2701) or Waste Management (866-729-6476). 

-  Metal of all kinds can be sold for cash at a salvage company such as 181 Recycle Center - a SRHOA business sponsor, 12499 S. U.S. HWY 181 San Antonio TX 78233, 4 miles north of Loop 1604, across from Twin Lakes Meat Market.  If don’t want cash, small amounts of metal can be taken to JP’s Automotive (830-393-2318), 511 10th St, Floresville, TX, and placed on their back patio to be hauled away with their scrap metal. 

Storage of materials such as stone, brick, tile, cinder blocks, lumber, pipes, and metal:  Unless you are actively engaged in a construction project that is proceeding without delay, these items must be stored within an enclosure (such as a fully-enclosed privacy fence or shed) that completely shields them from view from the road and surrounding lots.  Some residents place leftover stone or brick around trees, bushes, gardens, etc. for decorative effect; others use them for a walkway or outdoor fireplace.

Maintenance of structures including sheds, dog houses, garages, and other outbuildings:  Please make necessary repairs and give them a fresh coat of paint.  

Unfinished construction:  If you have begun construction of a structure, please finish it so that it is of neat appearance. 

Vehicles:  All vehicles must be currently registered with current license plates installed, be operative, and be of neat appearance.  Vehicles awaiting or undergoing repair, maintenance, or restoration must be kept inside a fully-enclosed garage or in facilities (such as a fully-enclosed machine shed or privacy fence) to completely shield them from view from the road and surrounding lots.  Likewise, all parts, equipment, tools, supplies, etc. must be kept within the confines of such facilities.  

Junk Vehicles:  Yellowpages.com lists several companies that will pay you and haul away junk vehicles, or utilize the free towing for Shannon Ridge residents at 181 Recycle Center (see details above). 


Wilson County Dump

Due to the frequent Burn Restrictions in our area, many of our residents are wondering where they can dispose of household trash. The County dump is located on County Road 310 west of Stockdale. The dump is open Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The dump fee is $ 6.25 per cubic yard, or about $13.00 for a loaded pickup truck bed. To get to the dump from Shannon Ridge, take Hwy 181 south into Floresville, then Hwy 97 northeast toward Stockdale. Turn right onto FR 1922, then turn left onto CR 310. The dump is located at the end of CR 310.

Click here for a map to the dump.  


Website authored and designed by Randy Davis - Webmaster.
Copyright © 2005 by
SRHOA. All rights reserved.